Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Who was he?

Last night, while waiting for my friend, I looked at a man who was smiling back at me. Oooh, it was one of the moments you want to capture. Desire, definitely. He even included me in the conversation he was having with his two friends. What an idiot I am! I should have introduced myself and found out his. I know he is a musician. I will remember the time 6:55 pm, Tuesday evening, Broadview station! I want to return next week just to see if he is there! Instant connections are amazing. I wrote this poem based on last night.

The rain won't stop
my heart is calling for you.
I have to capture this moment
so I can remember you.

Guitar in hand
waiting for that ride
connection met
and there I went.

Your smile caught me twice
and yet you did not stop.
You spoke to me
sharing a conversation.

Amazement stems from irony
the clothes I wear are not all my own.
His smell is there
and I only want to know you are.

Jeez, I am a romantic, hopeless. I really do want to be swept off my feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home